The International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employes, Moving Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States, Its Territories and Canada was originally chartered by the American Federation of Labor as the National Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employes in 1893. IATSE is the largest labor union in the entertainment industry and has been for more than a century.
IATSE Local #11 has been established by virtue of a Charter that was issued on July 17, 1893.
We are dedicated to the principals of trade unionism.
Our object is to unite all workers within its jurisdiction for the following purposes:
1. To improve their wages and hours of work, to increase their job security, and to better their working conditions.
2. To advance their economic, social, and cultural interests.
3. To establish peaceful and harmonious relations between its members and their employers and to increase the stability of the industry.
4. To assure full employment.
5. To promote and support democracy and trade unionism.
6. To engage in such other activities as may be necessary or proper to strengthen the labor movement and to extend the process of collective bargaining throughout all trades and industries.
Page Last Updated: Feb 10, 2008 (06:44:29)